September 12, 2008

Gayle Hubbard's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that has been past down from my mom's good friend Gayle Hubbard. Gayle used to babysit for me when I was younger and I would always look forward to when she would make these delicious golden cookies. I've tried many other chocolate chip recipes but both me and my mom agree that this recipe just doesn't compare to any other. These cookies have the best texture; soft and chewy on the inside, while crisp and sugary on the outside with the perfect amount of chocolate flavor. Once you try this recipe you'll find it hard to make any other chocolate chip cookie.

Gayle's Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup Crisco shortening
1/2 Cup golden brown sugar
3/4 Cup white sugar
2 Large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 Cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 Cup chopped pecans*

*If you don't want to use nuts just use another 1/2 Cup of chocolate chips instead

1) Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
2) In a large bowl, beat together very well shortening and sugars with an electric hand beater
3) Add eggs and vanilla to the sugar mixture and beat well
4) In separate bowl, mix together flour, soda, and salt
5) In two additions add flour mixture to egg mixture using a wooden spoon
6) Fold in chocolate chips and nuts
7) Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto lined cookie sheets and bake for 12-13min
8) Cool on pan for a little bit then transfer cookies to cooling rack and enjoy!

No comments: