September 24, 2008

Blackberry Plum Crumb Bars

Once I saw the delicious picture for this recipe, http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2008/09/17/blackberry-crumb-bars/, I just knew I had to make them too. I did not have any fresh blackberries on hand but my boyfriends mom just gave me some homemade blackberry plum jam that I thought would work just as good. These bars are honestly one of my (and my co-workers) favorite recipes that I have made so far. The bottom layer has a nice and light white cake texture, the jam layer works perfectly with bringing out the sweetness in the bars, and the top layer has the best crunch and flavor which ties everything together. I would make these again in a heart beat and maybe even try different jams or fresh fruit next time too ! I followed the recipe exactly except for replacing the berries with jam (I used about 1/2 Cup of jam spread evenly over the cake layer) but you can find the original recipe here, http://www.bakeorbreak.com/recipes/2008/09/17/blackberry-crumb-bars/ and try them for yourselves!

No comments: