September 22, 2008

Butterscotch Blondies

I haven't made a good blondie for a while so I found this recipe, http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/007188blondies.php, and remembered that I had butterscotch chips in my cupboard. I changed the recipe slightly by using light brown sugar, instead of dark brown sugar, and added en extra egg yolk for tenderness to my blondies. They turned out soft and chewy just like a fudgey brownie with a great caramelized taste form the brown sugar and butterscotch chips. This blondie recipe might actually be my favorite that I have made so far especially because its so easy and fast to clean up and make since you only use one bowl. I've posted my adapted version of the recipe below but you can easily substitute the butterscotch chips for milk chocolate, white chocolate, or even peanut butter chips.


Butterscotch Blondies

1/2 Cup butter (melted)
1 Cup packed light brown sugar
1 Large egg
1 Large egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 Cup all-purpose flour
1/3 Cup butterscotch chips

1) Preheat oven to 350F and line and grease an 8in pan
2) In large bowl, beat together melted butter and sugar with a wooden spoon
3) In separate bowl lightly beat eggs then add them and vanilla to butter mixture
4) Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to butter mixture
5) Fold in chips and pour batter into greased pan evenly
6) Bake for 30min when top is golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean
7) Cool in pan on wire rack completely then enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenn! We just tried these and they are fantastic! Luc insisted that we make these.

Thanks!

Nicole & Trev